Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, December 29, 2008

Chair of 3 Generations of Shockley's

When I was little, my father gave me a little wooden rocking chair that was his when he was a child. It was something I sat in and used for years until I got too big for it. It sat in our living room near the fire place and I dragged it all over the house to sit in it (and even outside as the picture below shows). Back in October I thought Scarlet was about the right size for it, so I retrieved the chair from our attic storage, cleaned it up, and presented it to her one day. She sat right down in it and has been using it ever since just like her Daddy did - dragging it around and using it where and when she likes. I think her favorite thing is sitting watching cartoons in our bedroom in the mornings while Mama and Da-da finish getting ready for work! :)

Scarlet's Da-Da's Da-Da's chair.


"I like to move it around and look cute behind it!"


Ah, cartoons and bunny - life is good!


"I'm ready to go to school this morning Da-Da!"

Scarlet's Da-Da at 7 months in the chair.

Summer of 1968 - Scarlet's Da-Da at just about 3 years old watching his Da-Da prepare our Roanoke VA backyard for grass seeding.

3 comments:

amy * stem * said...

She is so stinking cute. No, really.

Anonymous said...

I posted a comment and it showed up next to a picture of much earlier date.We are so happy to see the pictures of her and are anxious to see her again before she becomes school age. She is amazing and you both are wonderful parents.

Grandpa & Grandma B.

Anonymous said...

I love this idea with the chair and the generations! She is so cute! A beauty, you are so blessed!

Dunree